-
November 21st, 2001, 11:00 PM
#1
Inactive Member
am i the only one who's son has been going around singing this all day?
i put your picture away
sat down and cried today
i can't look at you
while i'm lyin' next to her
------------------
The road goes on forever,
and the party never ends.
-
November 21st, 2001, 11:04 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
Sorry, I'm not a parent, but I thought this question might be helpful anyway.
Which version of the album do you have???
------------------
I'm back, the fog has lifted
The earth has shifted and raised the gifted...
-
November 21st, 2001, 11:15 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I'm a parent, and my 2 year old son runs around screaming KaRock KaRock all day! He loves to watch the Cowboy video and picks up his drum set and bangs away during it. He also likes "Diggy Diggy". He hasn't heard Picture yet.
My 7 year old daughter loves "Forever" and knows all the words to that.
------------------
-
November 21st, 2001, 11:38 PM
#4
Inactive Member
My boys fav. is "U don't know me". That is about the only one besides "Cowboy" that he can listen to....I want let him listen to the rest I don't have the clean versions.
Wee
PS I bet I'm the only one without Cocky....
-
November 21st, 2001, 11:39 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Walmart always has clean versions of his albums.
------------------
Kiss this, baby!!!
-
November 21st, 2001, 11:46 PM
#6
Inactive Member
i have the unedited version because i don't believe in editing art. the only things i censor my son for are certain violents things (shows and such). for music i usually just explain to him that sometimes grownups say things but that doesn't mean he should say them and also that music,like tv, is often made up and not true.just because someone says something in a song, doesn't mean they would talk or act that way to the people around them in real life.
i know other parents here are going to disagree, and that's okay, but please don't disrespect me for my parenting choices.i want my little boy to enjoy his childhood as long as he can, but i don't think i would be doing him any favors by pretending that certain action, or words don't exist.
------------------
The road goes on forever,
and the party never ends.
-
November 22nd, 2001, 01:51 AM
#7
Inactive Member
i agree with you freebyrdchic. but then again i have no kids.
but i am really against censorship, and i feel you have to let your kids live in the real world. protecting them will only cause them harm later on.
------------------
[This message has been edited by unruly (edited November 21, 2001).]
-
November 22nd, 2001, 01:52 AM
#8
Inactive Member
U go girl....What I want,out of more parents, are those that can back up how they raise there children with believes. Wee disagree on music, butt I bet wee agree on lots of other things about our kids. There are lots of ways to raise good kids....Butt they need to be raised by families not villages.
Wee
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks